- Starts to play classical piano at the age of 6. Switches to guitar six years later, takes lessons in classical guitar and starts to play in different rock bands.
- 1991-1994 Södra Latins Gymnasium – the first and highest acclaimed high school program for music in Sweden.
- 1995-1997 Skurup’s Folkhögskola – legendary Swedish jazz program.
- 1998-2003 studies at the Royal University College of Music in Stockholm, also spending one year at the CNSMDP (Conservatoire National Supérieur de Musique de Paris) in Paris. Studies in guitar, improvisation, composition/arranging for teachers like Joakim Milder, Daniel Humair, Alvaro Is-Rojas, Örjan Fahlström, Ricardo del Fra, Lars-Erik Rosell and others.
- Has toured and played with various groups as leader/co-leader in several countries including Sweden, Finland, Denmark, Norway, Iceland, Spain, Germany, France, Brazil, Poland, Syria, USA.
- Leader of the Hans Olding Quartet (w/Linus Lindblom-saxophone, Pär-Ola Landin-bass and Chris Montgomery-drums) who’ve toured extensively in Sweden during the last couple of years. Co-leader of Franco-Finnish-Swedish quartet, The Olding/Kannaste Four, with Finnish saxophone player/ composer Jussi Kannaste.
- Formerly active in the free music scene, having played with musicians like Mats Gustafsson, Raymond Strid, Luc Houtkamp (NL), Sten Sandell, Martin Küchen and Rhodri Davies (UK).
- Also working as a composer/arranger, scoring for short films and has done writing for string quartets, big bands and full orchestras.
Has played concerts with:
Daniel Humair (FRA), Francesco Bearzatti (ITA), Karl-Martin Almqvist, Jonas Kullhammar, Mats Gustafsson, Fredrik Ljungkvist, Magnus Broo, Anders “AC” Christensen (DK), Idriss Boudrioua (BRA), Vitor Gonçalves (BRA), Karl Jannuska (CAN), Mikko Innanen (FIN), Yoni Zelnik (ISR/FRA), Siggi Flosason (ISL), Philippe Soirat (FRA), Raymond Strid, Sebastian Voegler and others.
Played in Master Classes with:
Lee Konitz, Roy Haynes, Joe Lovano, Mark Turner, Ambrose Akinmusire, Avishai Cohen, Richie Beirach, David Kikoski, George Garzone and Joel Frahm.
Working bands as leader/co-leader
Hans Olding Quartet (leader), Stockholm Jazz Underground (co-leader), Projeto Brasil! (w/Siggi Flosason – co-leader), The Olding/Kannaste Four (co-leader), Hans Olding-Jaska Lukkarinen Quartet (co-leader), A Le Coq Quartet (w/Nils Janson – co-leader), FuMoFuShi (co-leader).
– Original composition for Big Band “Utopia”
– Big band arrangements of; “Girl’s” (D. Ellington) and “2300 Skiddoo” (Herbie Nichols).
– Original compositions for 56 piece orchestra+jazz soloist; “Quartet For An Orchestra” and “Falling From The Top Of The World”. “For F.R.E.E. I & II” – composition for 10 improvisers.
– Commission compositional work for the Jazz Octet “Stockholm Jazz Underground”
– Various compositions/arrangements for divers jazz combos.
– Various arranging jobs for pop and classical ensembles.
– Music score for the film “Bland-bröder” 2015
- The Hagstrom Price for guitarists (2000)
- STIM composition award (2001, 2003, 2019)
- The Swedish Arts Grants Committee (2005, 2008, 2010, 2016)
- Margit and Tobis Foundation (2004)